Vehicles now a days are becoming more and more like computers. Just like computers, sometimes they need a little reboot to get them back on track. That’s the case when it comes to a Master Reset on Ford’s MyFord Touch infotainment system. While experiencing an issue where you need to perform a Master Reset is few and far between, knowing how to reset your MyFord Touch system will help you to get up and running again in no time. Here are some situations where you may need to perform a Master Reset of your MyFord Touch system, as well as an easy to follow step by step guide on how reset your MyFord Touch system.
When A Master Reset May Come In Handy
- The system isn’t operating like normal.
- Your phone isn’t connecting properly, even after attempting a reverse pair.
- The USB port isn’t finding your media player.
Performing A Master Reset
- Access your Settings Menu by clicking the cogs located next to the Home Button
- Select Settings from the list on the right side of the screen
- Select System at the top of the list
- Scroll down until you see Master Reset, then press it.